Signs, Symptoms and Causes of Anxiety Attack
Most of us suffer from anxiety at some point in our lives. For some, it’s just simple stress and
depression because of a current situation or event. For others, anxiety causes pain and involves symptoms such as
sweating, trembling, nausea and racing heartbeat and may also lead to panic attacks and all kinds of frightening
anxiety disorders, such as agoraphobia.
Therefore, understanding the signs and symptoms of an anxiety attack are important to
differentiate between an outright anxiety attack or just being afraid and feeling overwhelmed.
Often an anxiety attack will include many of the following physical and emotional symptoms:
- A sudden, overwhelming, feeling of panic
- Feeling like you are losing your mind
- The feeling that you are losing control
- An increase in heart rate followed by chest pain
- Heart palpitations (abnormal beating of the heart)
- Dyspnea (trouble breathing)
- Dizziness to the point of feeling like you will pass out
- Feeling hot or cold (suddenly and without reason)
- Tunnel vision
- Nausea and pain in the stomach
- Feeling detached from reality
- A spike in blood pressure
- Muscle tension or spasms
- Feel restless, often irritable, on edge and keyed up
- Have difficulty concentrating, falling asleep, or staying asleep
- Fearing that you will die
You may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) if you frequently experience similar symptoms of
anxiety attacks almost everyday for the last six months. You try to stop worrying but you just can't.
Generalized anxiety disorder is an anxiety disorder that is characterized by excessive,
uncontrollable and often irrational worry about everyday things that is disproportionate to the actual source of
worry. (source: wikipedia)
The above list of symptoms may be incomplete, because different people react to anxiety in
different ways and therefore the symptoms of anxiety attack are also different in them. However, the above are the
most common symptoms observed among anxiety sufferers and one thing is common – all people who face an anxiety
attack will exhibit a blend of symptoms, which will be physical as well as psychological.
self hypnosis download can help you overcome fear and anxiety!
Anxiety cost. Anxiety feels lousy. Left untreated, anxiety disorders can cost the sufferer to suffer in
physically, emotionally and financially.
1. Eating Disorder - Anxiety has been known for some time to be common in people
with an eating disorder, especially among those with obsessive compulsive or social phobia disorders.
The two main types of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa which sufferers
severely restrict food intake, thus increasing the risks of kidney failure, heart failure and liver
2. Relationship Problems - Studies show that people with anxiety are likely to
feel irritable frequently and may avoid public scrutiny. As a result, they withdraw emotionally, lose
interest in life or is plagued with self doubts and dependently cling onto their partners.
3. Unnecessary Medical Cost - More expenditure is incurred from direct
psychiatric treatment and using counselling services (e.g. travel expenses, medications and service
fees as a result of receiving counselling)
You May Also Be Interested In:
Method - An easy to follow, drug-free, gentle and very effective method to eliminate anxiety disorder
and, in turn, cure the phobias and fears you may experience.
Psychologist supported and proven, over
114,930 120,604 people
worldwide have used The Linden
Method to eliminate their anxiety, panic attacks, OCD and phobias with a 96.7% success rate.
Natural Cures For Anxiety
Significantly reduce your anxiety attacks through a variety of natural remedies and strategies.
Causes Of Social Anxiety
Understand what are the causes of social anxiety disorder. Includes a list of psychological and physical symptoms
to help you decide if you are suffering from social anxiety.
Information on how to get rid of shyness and overcoming social anxiety disorder with hypnosis.